Saturday, October 22, 2011

New Blog

So, this is kind of just an experiment. I've never really been into blogs. There are about a total of 3 blogs that I check somewhat regularly. I don't even know if I'll share this with anyone yet. Well, except for Liz. Liz is the one who highly suggested that I start one, and when I told her I didn't think anyone would have an interest in reading about me/my life, she insisted that she would. So, for now, it will be a small fan-base.
According to theknot.com, there are 55 days left until I become Mrs. Rulewicz. Or Meg Rulie, as my blog address indicates. Rulie is one of my fiance's nicknames, and it's a lot easier to prounounce than Rulewicz. Honestly, I'm not thrilled about my new last name. I thought Williams was bad, because it is at the end of the alphabet, but Rulewicz is a lot worse. For the rest of my life, I will have to spell it out for everyone. *sigh* I have tried to convince him to take my last name, but it hasn't worked. So Rulewicz, it is.
I have loved the wedding planning process. Every second of it. All I have wanted to do since I got engaged is plan, plan, plan. I wish I could be engaged even longer. And I swore I would never have a December wedding, but here I am doing it, since it works for the whole family. Mr. Rulie has hardly been involved in the planning, and for that, I am extremely grateful. He understood upfront that although this would be "our big day" it is actually MY DAY. So, I have been able to do most everything I've ever wanted since I was little, without any interference from him. I'm a Type A personality, and I'm grateful he gets that.
I'm also grateful that no one has told me things like, "Well, the only thing that really matters is the temple marriage" or "All you really should be focusing on/preparing for is the temple marriage." I've always hated when people say that. I've been preparing for a temple marriage my whole life. And there's nothing more I can do to prepare for that portion of the day, now that I've called and booked it. And I know that eternally the ceremony is all that matters, but the reception matters a great deal here on earth too. So, I've been wholly focused on the rest of the wedding details, and have loved it.
Rulie and I are looking for apartments today. The online search has not gone extremely well, but we're going to look at some places in person, and maybe that will help. I also have my final appointment with the cake decorator today. It's going to be delicious. I should probably also mention that today is Day 2 of my new diet. I've really been trying to watch what I eat and exercise more lately, but Liz inspired me this week and helped kick me into higher gear. Since I've stopped dancing 8 hours every day, my body has slackened. I hate it. I want my old body back, and not just because I'm getting married and have to worry about how I look in lingerie now. I want to be healthier and thinner. So, here comes Day 2.
This is a really long post. I guess I had more to say than I thought I did. I'm sure they won't be like this in the future (if there are future posts). I would post a photo, but I don't know how to do that yet. I'll see what I can figure out...

No comments:

Post a Comment